About Me

Friday, January 9, 2009

Photobucket


"I believe everyone deserves a beautiful home regardless of their financial situation. With a little creativity and elbow grease anyone can create beautiful surroundings that make them happy and feel like they're HOME."

Hi there - I'm AnNicole: A design nerd, Diet Pepsi luv-ah, and bargain hunter extraordinaire. I could stare at fabric samples all day, and I have a collection of paint samples...and pillows...that rival Imelda Marcos' shoe collection.

I'm a single mom of a wonderful teenage son (and an adorable poodle, Kingsley), and since our move into "The Cottage" in April of 2008 I've been steadily transforming our house into my own version of a dream home.

I'm a firm believer that you don't have to live with things in your house that drive you batty, and that creativity and determination are more powerful tools than money. It is possible to make changes inexpensively...and by yourself. Believe me, if I can do it you can do it.

I'm a Utah native living in Oklahoma. I'm a professional business gal by day and a decorator/mom...well...every other waking moment. I started "Our Suburban Cottage" in December of 2008 to document the transformation of our home and to serve as an outlet for my decorating passions. I've been overwhelmed by it's growth since then - thanks to YOU. I love inspiring others...and I'm incredibly grateful for the inspiration I receive in return.

XOXO

AnNicole