FRIDAY ETSY LOVE

Thursday, January 22, 2009

First of all, I'm somehow of the mindset that nothing except groceries and furniture should cost more than $15-$20. Maybe it's all those years of shopping at TJ Maxx and thrift stores, but that's where my mind goes. If I really love something, though, and have it in the budget to spend a bit more I'll occasionally do it.

Most of the pillows below are around $30, and one of the things I love about Etsy is that many of the sellers are creative, talented women who are trying to supplement their family's income. That's a cause I can (selfishly) support (I say "selfishly" because I get something beautiful out of the deal).

So, without further adeu, here are today's Etsy Love picks.

My Sweet Savannah who also has a great blog by the same name.


My Sweet Savannah


White Twig (I actually just bought the one above. It was just too beautiful to pass up)



White Twig



Maramiki (These designs are hand drawn and then screenprinted...by hand...on a pillow that was sewn...by hand - these people amaze me)


Maramiki

Shop One Eleven (Doesn't the ruffle make this look like a fancy gown?)

Pink Baby Mouse (I just had to add this one for fun. I love how quirky it is.)


3 Suburbanites Said:

Unknown said...

I really like the striped one from White Twig. Do you let these craftspeople know you are featuring their products? They might want to host a giveaway through your site and/or send you free stuff.

AnNicole@Our Suburban Cottage said...

Good idea Elizabeth. Thanks. I did let a couple know today. That's a great idea for the future though...you know I'd love free stuff :).

Stacy said...

The 8 pillow is awesome. And the dog pillow was too funny.