THE TRADING POST

Monday, January 12, 2009



I thought I'd take a moment to show you my favorite new store. Well, it's not new, but it's fairly new to me. It's a little flea-tique store in Jenks, Oklahoma, and I swear it's better than TJ Maxx...and for me to say that means it's pretty darn good. I've bought some of my favorite items in my house from this little gem, and I'm tempted to go there every Saturday morning just to unwind and see what new treasures have been unearthed. Although...I've started avoiding eye contact with the clerks when I walk in in hopes they won't recognize me and say, "Really? You again?". Anyhoo....

Here are a few items I've found there that now reside in our home:

Table: $30 (I literally snatched her up the moment I saw her and raced her up to the cashier)
Memo Board: $10 or less
Topiary: $8


Bureau: $40 (She was well built and perfect for holding DVDs in our living room, so I pounced on her...in a nice way)
Painting Behind Lamp: $5



And here are a couple items I was tempted by last weekend, but didn't buy...I was being very good:

Chairs....aren't these sweet? They kind of have a Swedish vibe to them that I love. The price is $75 for 4...which is a little more than I'd like to spend, but don't you love them?


Look at this little lady. I might have to go back and buy her for my mom.


Vintage plates...lovely.


And I kind of felt bad for this guy...really...is the cage necessary?


I know you don't have this particular store in your town, but most cities have antique stores or flea markets or something similar. If you haven't checked them out before, I'm telling you, it's probably worth your time.

8 Suburbanites Said:

ellie mae said...

WOW! Great prices and deals!!! I need a store like this here in California. I wonder how long it would take me to drive to Oklahoma? LOL

AnNicole@Our Suburban Cottage said...

Ha! Only about 30 hours. That's nothing :). Of course, you'd get to stay with me...which would totally make the drive worthwhile...lol.

Wendy said...

What bargains! The bureau would go great in my house.

You really need to go back and buy those chairs!

Next time I go to Tulsa, I have to hunt that down that store.

Michelle, All Home and Love said...

Oh wow, I want those chairs!! I have a major addiction to chairs and I really love those. I love all your finds, especially the black dresser, so nice!

AnNicole@Our Suburban Cottage said...

Oh man...you guys are right. I might have to get those darn chairs. Argh...

angela | the painted house said...

Hi, AnNicole!

Thanks for saying hello and delurkifying yourself. :) Your blog is lovely and full of great ideas, and you write as if we were sitting together and visiting.

You found a treasure trove in this place! Those are some awesome deals.

Megan said...

I have been following you for a couple of months, and gotten some great ideas from you!! Anyway, i just wanted to stop by and say hello, and let you know I will be checking this place out! It looks awesome!

http://www.thedistancebetweentwohearts.blogspot.com/

Melissa said...

I have lived in Tulsa my entire life and I can't believe I've never been there!! I'm making a trip over there this week. Thanks for sharing! :)